Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mallory Jade Dixon



In November of 2010, Matt and I were getting ready to have company stay at our house for Thanksgiving. I told Matt, "I think I'm pregnant". It was quite a shock since I was on birth control and we weren't planning on another baby at the time, obviously. So we snuck off to Walmart without family and bought a test. Positive!! That same weekend my sister, Kristin, had her first baby boy, Felix. It kind of made me excited, but also really hard to keep my mouth shut. I had only taken a home pregnancy test. For Christmas we told the family. We used onesies from when Madison was a baby and wrote "Coming soon 8/1/2011". They were of course excited. Well, 9 months later we had a beautiful baby girl. We named her Mallory Jade. She weighed 7lbs. and 18 1/2 inches long. She was a BIG surprise in more than one way. We didn't find out her gender, but Matt and I were just sure we were having a boy. In fact we barely thought of girl names (more 'justincase'). So after she was delivered I asked what it was....it was a Girl. I practically jumped up. What???? I was shocked. Now 3 months later of full bliss I am so happy we have 2 girls. They are just so sweet and precious. They sure have a done a number on their daddy. His heart gets bigger everyday for them. Madison is such a good big sister. She just loves "Peanut" (that's the nickname she gave her) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment